This is the perfect summer salad! Go crazy and serve it over a bed of lettuce or even arugula to add a little bite.
Portion size: 1 cup
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- black pepper, to taste
Cut watermelon into bite-size chunks, roughly chop the basil and thinly slice red onion. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, and pepper. In a large bowl, add watermelon, onion and basil, crumble feta on top. Drizzle dressing over fruit mixture and gently toss. Garnish with more basil if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per 1 cup serving: 134 calories, 3 g fat (2 g sat fat), 3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 163 mg sodium.