Family Night Fish Tacos
I am always looking for new ways to incorporate healthy and easy fish meals. Plus who doesn’t enjoy making a taco?! On a busy night this is the ultimate fast food dinner– because it’s fast and easy to make. Use whole grain tortillas for a well rounded meal!
- ½ pound cod or other firm white fish
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 15 ½ oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 whole wheat or corn 12-inch tortillas, warmed in low oven
Suggested Condiments: salsa, nonfat sour cream, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado and cilantro
- Season fish with pepper.
- Heat olive oil and sauté red pepper, onion, garlic and oregano. Place in a bowl.
- Sauté fish until cooked through, then flake into small pieces.
- Fold beans and olives into the fish and heat through.
- Add fish mixture to vegetables and sprinkle with lime juice.
- To make a taco, place mixture in center of tortilla with condiments. Fold opposite sides in and roll.
Nutrition facts per serving: 179 calories, 14g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 0g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 14mg cholesterol, 7g fiber, 485mg sodium
FOR THE SEASONED COOK Chop and dice ahead of time, so this dinner can be on the table as quickly as you want.
Recipe From: http://www.wellfedheart.com/recipes/family-night-fish-tacos/Leave a reply