It’s that time of year again– time for family and friends, get-togethers, and treating ourselves to foods we look forward to this time of year! Here are a few tips to have a great holiday season, but still maintain your weight:
1) Remember to focus on the people and the festivities- not the menu
2) Don’t arrive at the party hungry. Have a balanced meal or healthy snack before you go
3) Take just a small serving of foods that you have been looking forward to- don’t deprive yourself, but try not to go overboard either
4) Find time for exercise. Go out back for a friendly game of basketball or football, or start the tradition of a post-dinner walk
5) If you drink alcohol, look for lower-calorie mixers, and limit yourself to one drink per day for women, or two drinks per day for men
6) If you are the host, or bringing a dish to someone’s party, research recipe swaps to make healthier versions of holiday favorites. Click here for a great holiday recipe!
Share your tips for a healthy holiday season in the comments section below!Leave a reply