Summer is the grilling time of the year. This summer, think outside the meat block. Vegetables and fruit are wonderful on the grill! Consider trying pineapple, peaches, apples, corn on the cob, or even avocados on the grill. Check out the recipe below for grilling inspiration:
Grilled Fruit and Vegetable Kabobs
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
“These fresh grilled fruit and veggie kabobs are a great healthy dinner your family will love. Plus, using aluminum foil prevents these kabobs from sticking to the grill, and makes cleanup a breeze.”
For the kabobs:
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 wooden skewers
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- aluminum foil
1. Heat grill to low, 325 degrees 350 degrees .
2. Assemble kabobs, alternating different vegetables and pineapple on wooden skewers.
3. Combine all ingredients for marinade in medium bowl and mix well.
4. Brush marinade onto fruit and veggie kabobs.
5. Line grill with aluminum foil.
6. Place kabobs on grill on aluminum foil and grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until veggies are desired doneness.
7. Transfer kabobs to plate to cool before serving.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 7 g fat; 8.4 g carbohydrates; 1.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 153 mg sodium.