Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6 min. Ready: 16 min.
1 small clove of garlic
1 ½ lime, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
4 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
1 orange bell pepper, diced
½ small red onion, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
15 oz. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small haas avocado, halved, seeded and diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped leaves and stems
Black pepper to taste
- Smash garlic clove and mix with pinch of salt to form a coarse paste.
- Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, salt and chili powder together in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- In a skillet, cook the corn, bell pepper, and onions in the olive oil until beginning to brown over medium-high heat.
- Toss black beans into skillet and cook until warm.
- Add the dressing and toss mixture to coat evenly.
- Remove from heat and gently fold in tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen.