4 medium zucchini
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
½ c. grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
½ – 1 cup diced vegetables (zucchini, carrots, onions, red pepper), sautéed until soft
handful of chopped chives
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1½ c. marinara sauce (I used Rao’s)
½ c. shredded mozzarella
1. Mix ricotta, parmesan, vegetables, chives, garlic, salt and pepper together, Set aside.
2. Preheat oven 375.
3. Pour a bit of the sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 dish to prevent sticking.
4. Slice the zucchini with a veggie peeler lengthwise. Pat dry to absorb extra moisture.
5. Lay 2 slices vertical so they overlap and 2 across those.
6. Scoop some of the cheese mix into the center and fold all ends into the center.
7. Lie them seam side down in dish.
8. Top with sauce and cheese.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes.
10. Remove and sprinkle on more parmesan.