Making simple swaps or removing a few ingredients may help you lose up to one pound per week in a delicious, yet non-depriving way. Keep in mind that the basic premise is that 1 pound = 3,500 calories – this means on a daily basis you need to either burn an additional 500 calories through exercise or cut 500 calories from your diet (or better yet, do half and half).
However you go about it, these are some great tips for reducing food calories:
- Hide your veggies.
- Use hummus in place of other high-fat dips and spreads (think ranch dip, mayonnaise and even high-sugar ketchup).
- Remove the cheese from your sandwiches.
- Substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- Limit your calories to only those that are chewed.
- Change the color of your coffee back to black.
- Embrace the child inside by ordering the “kid’s size” when eating out.
- Don’t eat out.
- If you must eat out, add “on the side, please” to your regular vocabulary.
- Use cooking spray in place of butter or oil.
- Make balsamic vinegar the star of your salad, with oil providing the supporting role.
- Use your grandmother’s plates.
- Talk to yourself.
What to know why these work? Learn more here.Leave a reply