In January, we are celebrating National Soup Month! With lower temperatures and chilly days, there is no better time to enjoy a warm bowl of healthy soup or hearty chili.
Wondering how you can celebrate National Soup Month? Try sampling an exotic soup, volunteering at a soup kitchen, or whipping up your own soup recipe and bringing some to share at work.
For the more adventurous among you, try your hand at making your favorite soup from scratch. Consider these 7 helpful tips from Simply Recipes to take your recipe to the next level:
1. Brown or sear your meat
2. Roast the vegetables
3. Mix up the texture between puree and chunky
4. Use homemade stock whenever possible
5. Put your cheese grinds to work
6. Enhance the flavor by adding vinegar or sodium-free seasoning to anything you find bland
7. Be sure to add fresh herbs or dairy when serving your soup
If you’d prefer to stick to tried and true recipes, here are a few of our favorites to help you get started.Leave a reply