When it’s hot, chilled soups are a great option for a healthy, refreshing lunch or as part of an easy dinner. Plus it’s a fantastic way to add a serving of vegetables or even fruit. Take full advantage of summer produce, herbs and flavors and try a batch of healthy cold soup.
Need some more ideas? A quick internet search is sure to find many great recipes just like this one.
Cool as a Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Yield: 7 servings
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts per 1/2 cup serving: 31 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
from Taste of HomeLeave a reply