Try this delicious take on a healthy favorite from Genius Kitchen!
• 2 1⁄2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
• 1 cup pasta sauce (chunky tomato garlic and onion)
• 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
• 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 lime (juice)
• 6 -8 corn tortillas, toasted and cut into chips or 2 cups tortilla chips
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper (optional)
1. Place 2 cups of garbanzo beans in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds, adding olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Continue processing until the hummus has a smooth consistency.
2. Heat a skillet and add pasta sauce until warm. Place in a bowl. Using the same skillet, add canola oil and the rest of the whole garbanzo beans and heat until crisp.
3. Assemble the hummus by placing the garbanzo dip first, then the Ragu sauce, and the crispy garbanzo beans on top. Sprinkle cilantro, lime, feta cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!Leave a reply