You want to incorporate more vegetables into your day, but … Well, it is time to stop the excuses and start finding solutions. When you think vegetable, the thought doesn’t always have to be the same thing you had every night growing up; it also doesn’t have to mean the special vegetable casserole your great aunt used to bring to holiday dinners.
The secret to this salad is lightly steaming the broccoli so that it is sweet and tender, but still has some crunch. This salad comes together in under five minutes, making it the perfect side dish for any dinner. If you have leftovers, they are great as cold salad for lunch.
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- ¼ cup tahini (ground sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup cashews (raw or roasted)
- A few thin slices of raw, red onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
- Pinch of red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Steam the broccoli florets for 1 – 2 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Mix the tahini, olive oil, water, salt and garlic together. Mix with the broccoli. Toss in the cashews and onions (if desired) and top with sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes (if using).
Nutrition Information per Serving: Calories: 210; Fat: 17 g; Sodium: 242 mg; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrates: 12 g; Fiber: 4 g; Protein: 6 g
Original recipe from: http://www.fortheloveoffoodblog.com/tahini-broccoli-salad-with-cashews/
Leave a reply