Okay, I know we’re all busy. Many of us just can’t seem to find the time before or after work to fit in the physical activity time we need. So what can we do?!! Well, I found a great list of ideas for those of us that have a lunch break and want to stay fit. Ready?
- Know your (time) limit. How much time do you realistically have? No matter how much time you have, you can make it work. Taking 5 to 10 minutes can still be added to your recommended 150 minutes per week.
- Use what’s close (and available). Are you near a gym or walking/jogging path? If not, you can always find things to do without fancy equipment or a lot of space.
- Have a plan. If you don’t know what you’re going to do, you’ll waste time trying to figure it out. Focus on cardio and strength training and setup a rotating schedule.
- Try interval training. When you’re short on time, interval training, which involves switching quickly between various high-intensity and short-burst exercises, is great. But make sure you understand the process before you start.
- Pack your lunch. If you go for a run or take it to the gym you’re not going to have a lot of time to actually eat lunch. So to avoid stopping for “fast food” pack your lunch and eat at your desk. Plus you can make sure your lunch is perfectly balanced to refuel your body without extra calories.
- Make it a routine. Workouts only help if you actually do them and the best way to make sure that happens is to make it routine.
Read more from this article here.
Let us know what you’re doing on your lunch break to stay active and help keep all of us moving!Leave a reply